Getting an appraisal from Gregory W. Eaaster before putting your Jefferson County home on the market saves you time and money.
Selling your home? You would be wise to invest in an appraisal. Don't think of an appraisal as purely an expense; it pays you in the long run! Unless a homeowner studies real estate values on a day to day basis, like an appraiser, it's hard for them to fully grasp local real estate values.
You, as a homeowner, might be fixated on how much you have invested in your home, or how much you want to sell it for. You see, an appraisal provides a professional opinion on your home's market value.
After all, a home is only worth the price another person is willing to give you.
||Contact us for details regarding services specialized for home sellers.
Selling on your own?
An increasing amount of Alabama homeowners are choosing to sell their homes FSBO (For Sale By Owner) and foregoing the assistance of a real estate agent. But to do it right, quickly and for the best price, what you need is a qualified appraiser. The best thing to have is an objective opinion, and we understand that it's hard to take an objective look at your own home because of your emotional attachment to it. We will inform you of what you need to know, not just what you want to hear.
Not only will getting a professional appraisal help you set a sound selling price so your home will attract buyers, a professional appraisal can:
Folks are sometimes surprised to discover the value of their home is much more than they thought.
So taking the first step and investing in an appraisal allowed them to get thousands more than they could have originally netted.
Others have an an exaggerated assessment of their home's value, and by getting an appraisal it gave them the assistance they needed in order to set a more reasonable price for their home in order for it to sell quickly - rather than gathering dust on the market for months. An overpriced home will not attract buyers, reducing your offers, making closing more difficult, wasting your valuable time and draining your resources while getting nothing done.
- Be a very beneficial negotiating tool when you find a potential buyer
- Put buyers at ease with written proof of your home's condition inside and out
- Call attention to any issues and eliminate last-minute repair hassles that might delay a closing
- Help decrease the odds of unknown problems that cause sales to backslide
We also help agents price homes in Jefferson County
Even if you have an extremely talented agent, it's definitely a good idea to have an unbiased second opinion of your home's value before finalizing a listing contract.
Let Gregory W. Eaaster help. We can provide you with a pre-listing appraisal so both you and your agent have a definitive summarizing of your home's features and a detailed analysis of the most recent and similar comparable sales or as they're commonly called, "comps".
We also offer general consulting
If you feel like an appraisal is not necessary but you need assistance analyzing local sales and property data, we
can help solve your real estate dilemmas with services especially tailored for customers with your real estate needs.
If you're curious what to expect from us when ordering an appraisal just take a look....
- Fast response to your initial inquiry: We tailor information to the needs of our clients. Just tell us your situation, and we will give you suggestions.
- Swift turnaround time: Normally one week or less from the date we receive the request, we can have a PDF of the report ready to download.
- Appraisal and consulting report presentations that suit YOUR needs:
When it comes to appraisal and consulting, one size does NOT fit all. We provide a variety of types of reports and are experts at providing appraisals to clients without so much of the industry jargon so that you don't have to be real estate attorney to read it.
- Any follow up questions? You can expect a prompt response from Gregory W. Eaaster: When we create reports, we make sure they are written in plain English, comprehensible to people outside the real estate industry, and adhere to the Uniform Standards of Professional Practice that governs the appraisal practice.
If you have any questions concerning your appraisal once you've read through the report, we suggest that you simply email or call us!